Wednesday, April 11, 2007

two more narratives

A visitor / in the evening

While I stand in the main hall, I can feel a calm and stable air embracing my body. There are only a few people remains, and much more persons are living the place than coming in. The tattling sounds of a group of students and brisk steps’ family disappeared. There are just low sounds of officers’ who prepare to close their work. I look up the skylight of that hall; the sky changes its colors from a cobalt blue to a deep blue. The halogen lights in the wall more and more diffuse their glowing, and stone walls that receive a light define the texture of the material with contrasts. When I walk into the exhibition area, delicate focal glows in glass boxes emit the lights. They attract my eyes to next space. When I return to the main hall area, the sky over the windows already turn to deep purple-indigo color. Far away, in the Washington Bridge, an array of sparkling small red and orange lights is moving to New Jersey.



A staff

After get out from heavy traffic of the city, once I drive a car to the Margaret Corbin Drive, this road takes me to my work place through Fort Tryon Park. Seeing the scene of the outside is an important task to me from my closed inside of the car – they awaken my brain still sleeping. The panoramic view made by big trees stand in both side of the road spread in the front side. Sparkling sunshine through shadows of trees is reflected by the windows. When I see from far away, the museum building and sky looks like touch with each other. I open the window in the driver’s seat, fresh air blows into the car. Stepping and breathing sounds of jogging people slightly past by me. Finally, I arrive the building. Taking off the car, the touch on my feet of the stone blocks’ floor reminds me that I come back here again. The floor, getting have a gloss as time past, is shining with sunshine. The stair to the basement is a way to my office. I’m going down pretty dark space, but I can enjoy the sunshine in the court yard.

No comments: