Saturday, April 14, 2007

narratives3

Jerry A. Carpenter, 62 years old, commute user.


After I had a good time with co-residents, I decide to stop by chapel. The chapel is very close by activities room. But inside of that is so quiet that I can have a sanctuary in this noisy New York City. It’s so quiet and solemn. Actually that chapel doesn’t have any solid doors. As I walk along the corridor my eyes are following the rows of shadows. Yellow shadows are leading me into space. Finally I see small room filled with yellow lights. I have a seat as usual, because this is only spot where I can see cross. Outside louvers make mysterious and rhythmical cast shadows on the floor. I don’t know how much time that I spend in chapel, but inside of chapel is getting bright. According to instruction, the lighting in this kind of space is getting dimmer on and off every 30 minutes. That makes me control easily, so I don’t need to worry about an absent-mind. On my way back to the entrance on the first floor, I smell some baking cookies. I didn’t know what I need until I smell it. The smell wakes my appetite up and tells me that it’s tea time. I’m going to get some cookies and teas. I pass by nursing station. I don’t need to worry about emergency. Actually what I like the nurse station about is not only safety but also hotel-reception desk-like countertop and comfortable sofa. Sometimes I read a book here and I feel like I’m in hotel in the middle of travel. I also like this snakes like lamp. I feel like I can more focus on my book. That is very special moment for me. im going to come here tomorrow afternoon agian.

No comments: