Friday, April 13, 2007

Sarah Baker, female, 37, Copywriter

I walk along the Plymouth street, then I can meet the entrance of the restaurant. The door is not big but feels like absorb everything. I usually visit this restaurant around 5:00 p.m. because I think this is the most beautiful moment in this restaurant.
Whenever, I walk into the restaurant step by step, soft light come through the window which has a stunning view of the Manhattan backdrop. Moreover, sometimes, the light reflects the glass and through the wire mesh and then scatters. I love the harmony of the quality of the light in the atmosphere. After I recognize harmony of light, I habitually glance at the kitchen. They also have open kitchen, moreover, it located in the center of the restaurant. Whenever I see chef’s working, it is a great performance. Food is a kind of masterpiece of fire, ingredients, tools, and a chef.
And then I walk up the stairs in order to sit my favorite space. The way to go to upstairs, I can see the variety of ceiling heights and a number of stories. This is the strong point of the atmosphere because I could choose the one that has different character. However, most of all, I prefer to sit on the mezzanine and it makes me feel that I am floating in the space.



Gabriel Chi, Male, 42, Chef

Whenever I walk up the entrance stairs, I feel like I am entering another space. I usually walk across the dining and hear the sound of footsteps sonorous around the hall which is made of thick stone and wood. And then, I go to downstairs in order to change my cloth. I think the best attraction of the downstairs is the light from the top of windows. It comes softly and spread throughout the kitchen. Actually, the morning is the best time to feel the moment. Sometimes it gives different feeling from a main kitchen which is located in the first floor. I think it comes from the size of window and amount of light. Whenever I arrive the main kitchen, I feel cold first time because tons of steels make me feel cold. However, after few minutes it changes warm because I can feel the light comes from the window. I think it is warm orange which spread through out the steel countertop. I look through the window which is located on the opposite side of the kitchen. It contains a view of Manhattan with tons of light. I love the scene of contrast between the view and this space.


Dennis Roddy, Male, 27, Waiter

From I start my work to finish it, I usually walk inside of the restaurant all day long. When I arrive our restaurant, I go to downstairs first in order to change my cloth. Walking along the staircase, I always think about the thickness of wall which is made of rough stone between first floor and downstairs unconsciously. It makes me feel confusedly. Where is the boundary between first floor and downstairs? When I come back to first floor, my everyday life is start. This restaurant also has a big flow of the direction which across the building and it separate the restaurant each part. So when I work, I usually walk along the direction. I think it makes organize everything clearly.
Among all parts, my favorite part is a stair case. It drives me from inside of the building to outside. Whenever I pass the way, I feel I am in the outside. Moreover, it gives an opportunity to meet a breath taking view.

No comments: