Monday, April 16, 2007

narrative

03, sydney


Narrative of a Zebra from Africa in the zoo building


I am from Africa, and now I live in the top of the building called 'Pent house'.
Actually I'm supposed to live in the first floor, or the second floor because the buiding is planned by geographical level of mountain circumstance. But people move me to the top of the biulding for night light effect. This building is under inspiration of nature, landscape and fantasy. Some people still believe the legend that animals live in the moon. Actually I'm living in the moon hanged over the building. In my roon, the lighting is installed under the floor, not directly. And my wall is translucen, sometimes I feel like in the smoged jungle of dawn. I came here with my mom, and I still live with her together. We have used to talk about huminity in the room. It doesn't only control temperture but also make reflection with wall and lighting from the botton of it. And the right side, there is huge empty tunnel space for elevator, the sun light penetrates from the ceiling to first floor throught the space. Sometimes we used to have an illusion like a waterfall that I saw in my town. When elevator goes up and down with people, it seems like it drives through the tunnel of light or waterfall. One of the interesting thing is that elevator is almost transparent, it seems they moves like flying. At night, the elevator tunnel lighting is switched on, presenting a brilliant display of reflaction.

3 comments:

Hajung Kim said...

.

marc said...

you need to start looking seriously at how certain aniamls are cared for in a zoo...
you need to identify their needs...
what kind of animals do you actually have room for?
how much space do they need..?
where can they run?

marc said...

.