Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Narrative

A visitor / in the daytime

The elevator shoots me up to the Fort Tryon Park from the subway station. The brown roofs of buildings spread before me. Finally, I arrived here after spend almost one hour in the darkness of underground. So, fresh green colors of the Fort Tryon Park excite my feelings with shining sun light which is reflected by the leaves. Passing through the road, the breeze of the Hudson River hit my body smoothly, birds’ humming tickles my ears. Stepping up an old granite stair to the building make me feels that I’m entering to another space – separation from urban life. In the long and narrow hall way, I can see the slight light come straight down to the dark hallway. The fresh and peaceful air get in this space, it touches my skin softly. At the end of the corridor, people’s sounds from a beyond place create small tension to me. When I step in to the entrance hall, I see dynamic movements of people. They are seating in the benches, just walking around, and searching something, ticketing, talking with officer. The tender sunshine is beating down them and the space is filled with bright and cheerful moods. I feel the genial sunshine over the head and I look up the ceiling; over the window, there is a sky passing clouds and scattering sunshine. Looking around the hall, the wall is extended to somewhere with vigorous shape and it offers a continuous view to the inner space. While I walk into this space along this wall, the space turns to dark and quiet, and just several glowing lights spread from inside.

1 comment:

marc said...

please post all three