Tuesday, April 24, 2007

elderly community program



Basically, my intention is to show projecting lines. Vertical lines stand for existing site, and horizontal lines tell its environment. Lines are starting from the environment and projected on the existing building. For example, commercial area around site is projected on the lower floors.(orange and yellow area)
Greenish area is meaning park, or garden.
And the city itself is also projected on the building.

I found another beauty of city which is projecting shadows on building surface. I got a clue to connect with previous shadow study. (this time, it is not a negative way)

Projecting shadows doesn’t effect on buildings physically, but it is still involved with its environments. I imagined the wandering over shadows. I wanted to bring the neighbor into the community. If they follow shadows that they can see now, they might reach in front of building façade.







No comments: