Saturday, April 14, 2007

narratives1




James Hopkins, 12 years old, A visitor
– I’m going to see my grandma who lives in the senior community. I got off from the subway station, I walk along 73rd street. Beautiful trees are stretching to sky. I recall my grandma, she is really nice to me. She likes to make friends, and she has a very strong personality. While I’m thinking of her, a yellow lighting coming from one slit of windows caught on my sight. This is what she said before which I never miss it. I walk into through automatic doors; hotel lobby-like reception desk welcomes me. After passing through low ceiling from the entrance, I’m approaching in reception desk, my eye are following up to skylight. Filtered soft daylights are falling down to the first floor. Because every floor has their own angles, overlapped floor are diffusing the light from its own color-glass edges. I can see skylight. It’s not directed sunshine. There are interesting shaped shadows on the wall. I don’t know where they come from exactly. I immediately notice that one point on the 3rd floor is more glowing with pink color, and unconsciously I follow that color. As I step on the ramp which is gently going up, I can see that glowing point from everywhere, because the lamp is running along with cloister-like corridor. While I’m looking around 3rd floor, my grandma comes from upstairs. She looks good. Zebra-like shadows are on her way. She gave me a hug as always. And we go back to down stairs. There is a family room. She said she wants to show me her art works that are displayed in the room.

2 comments:

marc said...

this drawing induces a bit of vertigo...what do you think about that?

eunyoung said...

well..yeah..i think it's little bit creepy though.
but i want to focus on the beauty of the city like you said in class.
like the beauty of swatch of sky.

when you look up the building, you can see dramatic perspective in the city.In the end of the perspective, i can see beautiful swatch of sky.

something like this.