Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Model

I took a photo of a window in DUMBO. In this photo, there are some graphics on the surface of the glass and I can see inside through the glass. Moreover, I also can see the building which is located behind me. This photo contains three layers of space. I'm interested in the overlap of the spaces. It used to be concerned see through and reflection.

Another examples, I 'm going to somewhere by subway. This train is running fast. Suddenly, another train is running beside my train. At that time, I can see through overlaped layers. There are five layers between me and a person who is in the other train. Five layers mean the space between me and the window, the surface of the window, the window and the other window, the surface of the other window, and the space between the window and the other person. These are very interesting sequences because we can usually faced on one or two layers in our every day life. However, sometimes we meet several overlaped layers such as this phenomenon.
I am trying to make my model contains these things that I mentioned. Moreover, I want to add the combination of opposite characters such as straight line and curved line because cuban chinese is combined the same way.

No comments: