Wednesday, March 21, 2007

table.

Jinkyung:

"We started with the dining table, neatly laid as a plan, which architects would have us believe is a description of the world. But then we let time move in, disturbing the impossible purity of the plan... to leave traces of occupation... which we then inscribed in a plan; a plan of action-- an interior interrupted by domestic difficulties." (Sarah Wigglesworth)



These series of diagrams became the framework from which architect Wigglesworth and her partner Jeremy Till designed their home/office. There is actually a fourth diagram-- the floor plan of the house-- but I find that that image is better left to your imagination...

1 comment:

Jinkyung said...

Thank you. I already saw the last diagram from book. It was very interesting because I always wanted to know how diagram transformed real plan. I borrowed a book‘Eating Architecture’. It takes many times to read it for me. However, I think it will be worth of it.