Thursday, March 1, 2007

analytique..

First of all, I thought about the differences between memories and moments. According to the duration of time, I divided up three categories – a particular point in time- the moment
short-term memory
long-term memory.
So I want to capture moments and hold memories.

Basically, I think shadow is a container of memories. I want to bring “shapes of shadows” into my diagram. First, there are some relationship between the span (duration) of memories and the length of shadows. By changing the container, it is not only the changing of spaces itself, but it could be also some opportunities to change their memories.

There are some experiments for analytique..What I’ m going to do is that

1. Using different lengths of shadows, see what happen – I can get different shapes of shadows from the same object.
Which represents that people can recall different memories from same memories according as spaces changed.

2. With various materials like transparent, translucent, textured- that they have own character, see different shapes of casting shadows. See diffused lights and spread lights.
Which represents that various materials focus on more individual characters that I want to hold onto space.

3. I want to explore some particular shapes like a slit or a pod that could be produced by overlapping different shapes of shadows.

My intention is that I want to make a kind of very slender windows (?? maybe just a slit). By means of slits of pods that show just particular moments of spaces, it evokes a curiosity and it makes people (neighborhoods) come into the space and participate in there.

im still working on statement. i'll post it as soon as possible.

No comments: