Thursday, March 29, 2007

material research



Stone - Limestone, slate : the most ancient of all finished materials. and it has the same

formal properties whether used for walls or for floors. People can feel massive

quality from the material. I want to show a permanant concept of time and constant

nature by using stone.

Rusting metal : a partition made from perforated metal gives a sense of separation without

the thickness of a solid wall. can feel time passed-changes of time.

Glass : glass can open up a space and enclose it at the same time. It is transformational in its

ability to change the atmosphere of a space by letting in light. communications between

inside and outside.


3 comments:

marc said...

thanks for doing the assignment.

marc said...

this is a nice drawing (although the horizon doesnt fold up like you have represented...)

what does this have to do with the ealier work however?
i though you were going to look at the landscape more closely...
i am not getting the 'cabinet' here...

Jeong said...

Yes. I also thought about it. but this drawing can show the qualities of materials or intention in my program.
Now, I'm trying to figure out, how can I put my program in the site(and the way of expressions of it could be the landscape). so, I'm researching more about the park.