Thursday, March 13, 2008

Tiffany...

I think it could be interesting. I understand why you're moving in this direction. I don't think it's too much like Andee's, especially because Andee is really pushing the event space aspect. Yours doesn't have to be an event space. In reality, there's really only so many ways you can go with a fashion project that's not obvious-not that it's a bad thing. In fact, it's almost more interesting to re-invent what has been done.

Now, I know you have already been writing all day, so I just have some thoughts, but they are just thoughts and you don't have to take them too seriously, but it's what I thought of when you said museum/concept space.
Perhaps if you are no longer doing a boutique hotel and you are really going to explore this museum space, you could do a Contemporary Museum for Fashion and Design. It could have all kinds of interesting exhibits that showcase the history of fashion in one wing, and then in another wing new exhibitions, and in another wing it could be great cultural influences in fashion whether they are environmental, or political, or architectural or music or literature or science--or ANYTHING!
It could be crazy to find where some of these inspirations are rooted and that they don't just come from mid-air, so that people can really begin to grasp what real fashion is about and that there's more to it than some rich designer with a lot of money who draws cartoons all day and makes costumes.

Such a place could be a great backdrop for galas and events but does not have to be designed as an event space. Like the MoMA or the Guggenheim, for instance. Besides, what better place than NYC to create such a space that could attract all kinds of people from all over the world and that could actually bring some cultural and artistic benefits to the community and NYC tourism?

Just some thoughts. Although I think the space for Bergdorf Goodman is an interesting idea, I think it has a very narrow clientele. And although it is meant to be exclusive, I'm not to sure that anyone without a Black Card would really relate to or understand your project...(exaggeration, but you know what I mean)

just thoughts, I can see the gears turning so I'd keep moving...

No comments: