Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Friday

First thing, (for all of us)---
Marc, I was hoping you could clarify again for us the performative techniques assignment. Although we have done one already, it's hard to say if most of us really understand the process we were exploring. If there's any way that you could explain it in a different way than before, I think it would help most of us create something more meaningful and is really pertinent to our project and investigations. This way, when it is incorporated into our research booklets, it will have a more cohesive relationship to the rest of the book's information. Or maybe, if it's still hard to explain, you could give some more examples? or suggestions? Just wondering...

Second,
I have been working on my diagrams for Friday and have been focusing on the interior space and proportional relationships of the building itself. Also, because my thesis explores architecture and design as a mediator between man and nature, I am trying to also do some site diagrams that relate the building to the city, it's occupants, and the natural surroundings (the river, the high line park, etc. etc.) so that hopefully this will lead to a clear connection between the three. Does this sound like it's going in the right direction?

this last part is for Lindsay--
I have in my notes that the person Marc recommended is Rachel Whiteread, not Rachel White. I'mnot sure that her name is spelled correctly here, but it's what I wrote so maybe that will help you figure things out until Marc write back and confirms this? hopefully :)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Thanks Jessica! You are so right! I wrote down her last name correctly but i had a large space between White and read and was wondering why I wrote down read. I found a ton of stuff on her. Thanks