Thursday, February 28, 2008

Not For Profit Client

Ok so here's where I am in terms of a program.  I have 4 potential sites in SoHo that I've chosen with empty lots of varying size next to them.  I will have an indoor/outdoor market space, a cafe that will be rented out to different street food vendors, and farming organizations that can sell their foods, and offices for the organization I choose to be my client.  Now onto picking the perfect organization!

So... I've been researching possible organizations to be my client, and I have found a few possibilities but I also need some suggestions and/or opinions.  

Project for Public Spaces
www.pps.org
For those of you that have Carol Crawford, these guys just moved into the Audubon House that she always talks about; I would make them move I suppose!

Public Art Fund
www.publicartfund.org

The Market NYC
These are the guys on Mulberry (in the church gym) and EmergeNYC on Bleecker that I'm sure most of us have been to.  I've emailed them to see if I can find out more about their organization, and if they are even big enough or could potentially grow to be big enough to warrant a large office that I hope to design as apart of my program.

Here's where I could use some suggestions....I have looked for an organization that helps sell products that are produced in third world countries (Jessica told me about a place in Utah that sells items like this) and haven't had any luck.  I've looked on a couple non-profit search websites with no luck.  Is anyone familiar with an organization of this type?  I think it would be great to design offices for an organization with a worldly, for the greater good, mission.  

Or any other organizations anyone thinks would be good for this type of space???

Thanks ladies, and Marc

No comments: